If you reside in an area with colder climates and experience high moisture levels during the winter season, you may benefit from a heat recovery ventilator (HRV) system. They work by transferring the heat inside your home to incoming fresh air from outside, helping to prevent the following problems:
- Unpleasant drafts in and around the home
- Moisture problems including rot and mould
- Damage to windows from condensation
- Respiratory conditions caused by interior pollutants
- Excess water vapour leak from your home
When the air in your home is too humid or too dry, you are at risk of bacteria, viruses, moulds and mites. Ensuring the humidity levels are 30% to 50% can help you avoid health risks and structural problems to your home, including cracked walls, and ceilings and furniture damage. An HRV system may be right for your home if any of the circumstances below apply:
- You find that your skin is constantly itchy and dry and you experience occasional nose bleeds.
- You live in a tight space and your indoor air is constantly stale and stuffy.
- Contaminants from your garage, including car fumes, may be seeping into your home.
- Your indoor air is continually being recirculated due to spray-foam insulation.
- You constantly leave your windows open to help make the air in your home less stuffy.
- You have noticed sky high energy costs during the winter months.
Provincial Heating & Cooling, one of the leading HVAC companies in Winnipeg, can provide you with a number of solutions to accommodate your home and your particular needs. Our performance series energy recovery ventilators are ideal for those who experience hot summer months, replacing stale indoor air with fresh outside air. If you are limited in space and require a system suited to your budget, the comfort series energy recovery ventilator may be right for you. We also carry a performance series heat recovery system that is ideal for homeowners who experience long winters and want fresh indoor air without having to keep their windows open.
To ensure your new heat recovery ventilator is working efficiently, our team of certified and experienced HVAC technicians can properly maintain your equipment. We can provide regular maintenance, which includes cleaning and replacing air filters; cleaning and unblocking outside hoods and screens; cleaning the energy recovery core; cleaning the condensate drain and pains; cleaning grills and inspecting ductwork for leaks or obstructions; and inspecting the equipment to ensure it is properly balanced. We service all residential and commercial customers in Winnipeg, Manitoba and surrounding areas. We are also available 24/7 to provide emergency HVAC assistance when the unexpected happens.
For more information on a heat recovery ventilator that is right for your home, contact Provincial Heating & Cooling’s heating contractor in Winnipeg.
Call us today at 204-339-4328 or fill out our online contact form with your questions and we will respond shortly. Also check our special offers and coupons for HVAC products and services from time to time. You can schedule a free, no-obligation estimate at any time.